Vintage Recipe Box 96 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Carrot Bars was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Carrot Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Carrot Bars.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Carrot Bars Recipe
If you make this Carrot Bars recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup golden brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups grated carrot
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Beat oil and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Spread with icing.
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Beat cream cheese with butter until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk (one-half to one teaspoon) to make icing smooth and spreadable.