- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chopped nuts
- Heat the condensed milk and water over a double boiler
- Mix together brown sugar and corn starch
- Add a little hot milk mixture to brown sugar mix and then add brown sugar mixture to milk
- Add the slightly beaten egg yolks
- Heat until thick
- Add butter, vanilla, and nuts
- Pour into baked pie shell and top with meringue
Front of the Caramel Pie recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Caramel Pie recipe.
If you make this Caramel Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes