Caramel Almond Apple Pie
Front of the Caramel Almond Apple Pie recipe card.
Caramel Almond Apple Pie Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Caramel Almond Apple Pie.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Caramel Almond Apple Pie was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Caramel Almond Apple Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Caramel Almond Apple Pie Recipe
If you make this Caramel Almond Apple Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 pie crusts
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups tart green apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line pie plate with 1 pie crust, crimping edges
- Pour melted butter over pastry and sprinkle with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup almonds
- In a large bowl, mix apple and juice and combine
- Flour remaining sugar, spices, and remaining almonds
- Add to the apples tossing to coat
- Arrange over almond layer in pie crust
- Roll out remaining pasty over filling to form lattice crust
- Brush beaten egg over crust
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes until apples are tender and filling is bubbly
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting
Sour Cream Topping
- Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in small bowl
- Make enough for 1 pie or 2 to serve over 6 portions of fresh fruit