Butterscotch Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Butterscotch Cookies.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Butterscotch Cookies was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Butterscotch Cookies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
If you make this Butterscotch Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavored pieces
- ¼ cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Melt together over hot (not boiling) water butterscotch-flavored pieces and butter.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar; cool.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt; stir in.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate pieces, raisins and chopped nuts.
- Spread mixture in greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Cut into bars while warm.