This recipe for Butterscotch Cookies is another favorite because of the aging and handwriting.
If you are looking for new cookie recipes to love, check out our Butterscotch Cookie Recipes and our Cookie Recipes. Also, if you have a sweet tooth, our Dessert Recipes page will probably have something for you too!
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, tips for food prep, and more.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
Butterscotch Cookies Recipe Card Details
This recipe card for Butterscotch Cookies is handwritten on a lined standard-sized index card that shows some aging.
Butterscotch Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Butterscotch Cookies.
Vintage Recipe Box 1 Overview
This recipe box has an AMAZING back story and we share our story of how we came to own the box, sister boxes, and about the Ohio family who owned them.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 1 recipes and to learn more about the history of the recipes and the recipe box.
- Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
- Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
- Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
- If you LOVE vintage items, you can also find unique and fun vintage items on Groupon.
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Click here to view our Vintage Recipe Project Cookbook Library.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Join our Vintage Recipe Project Facebook group
to discuss old recipes and food traditions.
Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
If you make this Butterscotch Cookies recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream the butter and brown sugar
- Beat in the eggs
- Add the vanilla and mix well
- Sift together the cream of tartar and add to the creamed mixture
- Mix in enough flour to make real stiff
- Let the dough rise
- Bake at 350 degrees until done