Buttered Greens Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Buttered Greens.
Vintage Recipe Box 4
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Buttered Greens was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Buttered Greens recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Buttered Greens Recipe
If you make this Buttered Greens recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ lb. green per person (mustard, kale, dandelion, beet plants, ____, spinach, chard, chicory, turnip tops).
- Look over; remove all ____ & bruised leaves.
- Cut off ____ & any tough stems.
- Select fresh tender ____ leaves with bright color, wash in [sever waters] - ____ = rather warm to remove sand & dirt.
- Remove from hot water, sprinkle with salt & place in kettle without water other than ____ leaves.
- Cover, steam or cook until tender - about 10-30 minutes, depending on type of greens, but be carefuly not to overcook.
- __ not cook spinach more than 10 minutes.