This frosting holds very well. It is excellent for frosting cakes to be stored in the food freezer.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cream or top milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together the sugar, margarine, and salt in a large bowl
- Add cream slowly
- Add vanilla
- When all the ingredients are creamed together, increase speed on electric mixer and continue beating for 5 minutes
- Spread frosting on cake with spatula
Front of the Butter Frosting recipe card.
Back of the Butter Frosting recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Butter Frosting recipe.
If you make this Butter Frosting recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP002 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP002 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes