Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole
Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole Recipe
If you make this Brussels Sprouts and Squash Casserole recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1½ cups winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 meidum onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups milk or soy milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- Dash pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Clean, trim and score brussels sprouts; cut large ones in half.
- Steam sprouts and squash separately until barely tender.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While squash and sprouts cook, chop onion and celery.
- Saute onion in butter and oil.
- Add flour and cook slowly for 2 minutes or so, stirring continually.
- Add milk and spices slowly, stirring to keep mixture smooth.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add seasonings.
- In a greased 8x8-inch baking dish, arrange cubed squash on bottom and spread over it an even layer of brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle chopped celery over the top.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 30 minutes.