Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler
Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler Recipe
If you make this Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Brownie Top Cherry Cobbler
- 22-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (1 ounce each)
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Combine pie filling and lemon juice in a 2-quart rectangular dish.
- Spread evenly in dish; set aside.
- If corners of food tend to overcook in your microwave, tape small rectangles of aluminum foil around the outside of each corner.
- Put chocolate and margarine in a 2-quart bowl.
- Microwave on high two minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Stir in milk, eggs and peppermint extract.
- Blend in sugar.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in pecans and pour batter evenly on top of cherry mixture.
- Rotating dish midway through cooking, microwave on high 12 to 14 minutes, or until brownie top tests done.
Makes six to eight servings.