Makes 1 9" apple pie
- 1/2 recipe pasty
- 6 tart apples, cored - peeled - sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Line 9" pie pan with pasty (pie crust)
- Place apples in shell
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, granulated sugar, and nutmeg
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter
- Cream butter until soft
- Blend in brown sugar
- Mix in flour
- Sprinkle crumbs over top of apples
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 10 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to a moderate over (350 degrees) and bake 45 - 55 minutes or until apples are tender
Brown Sugar Apple Pie
Front of the Brown Sugar Apple Pie recipe card.
Back of the Brown Sugar Apple Pie recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Brown Sugar Apple Pie recipe.
If you make this Brown Sugar Apple Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes