Bread Pudding Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Bread Pudding.
There is a notation that the recipe is from Miss Wright, who we do not know who she is at this time.
Vintage Recipe Box 10
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Bread Pudding was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 10 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Bread Pudding recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Bread Pudding Recipe
If you make this Bread Pudding recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Bread Pudding (VRP 010)
- 1 cup bread crumbs, firmly packed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Red jelly
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of firmly packed bread crumbs. Soft.
- Let soak in 2 cups of milk.
- Add 2 slightly beaten egg yolks, add 1 t. grated lemon rind.
- Beat thoroughly with egg beater until smooth.
- Set in pan of warm water cook 325 until set.
- About 15 min. before done, add meringue which has been flavored with 1 t. lemon ju or sext.
- Before serving put one spoonful of red jelly in center.
- Add pinch of salt.
[Sugar - 4 __]