Bread and Butter Pickles
The owner of Vintage Recipe Box 1 must have loved making pickles as there are several different recipes in the collection, including this one for Bread and Butter Pickles.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, tips for food prep, and more.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
Bread and Butter Pickles Recipe Card Details
This recipe card for Bread and Butter Pickles is typed on a standard-size unlined index card.
Bread and Butter Pickles Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Bread and Butter Pickles.
Vintage Recipe Box 1 Overview
This recipe box has an AMAZING back story and we share our story of how we came to own the box, sister boxes, and about the Ohio family who owned them.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 1 recipes and to learn more about the history of the recipes and the recipe box.
- Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
- Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
- Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
- If you LOVE vintage items, you can also find unique and fun vintage items on Groupon.
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Click here to view our Vintage Recipe Project Cookbook Library.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Join our Vintage Recipe Project Facebook group
to discuss old recipes and food traditions.
Bread and Butter Pickles Recipe
If you make this Bread and Butter Pickles recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 24 medium cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 10 onions
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- Let cucumbers and salt set for 3 hours
- Add remainder of ingredients and cook
- Seal while hot