Boston Cream Pie
Boston Cream Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Boston Cream Pie.
Boston Cream Pie Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Boston Cream Pie.
Vintage Recipe Box 37
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Boston Cream Pie was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 37 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Boston Cream Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Boston Cream Pie Recipe
If you make this Boston Cream Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 pkg (3 oz.) Banana Cream pudding & pie filling mix
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbs. (soft) oleo
- 1 baked 8" yellow layer cake
- ½ cup cream (whipped*)
- Combine pudding & milk and cook according to pkg. directions.
- Remove from heat.
- Measure 1 cup pudding.
- To remaining pudding add cocoa and oleo.
- Mix until well blended & oleo has melted.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Split cake layer in half.
- Stir pudding, fold whipped cream into plain pudding.
- Spread evenly on bottom half of cake.
- Cover with remaining layer of cake.
- Top with chocolate pudding mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle top of chocolate mixture [c] sugar.
*add vanilla & sugar to whipped cream.