- 2 cups corn meal
- 2 cups rye
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups sour milk
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons soda
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- No method included.
- This recipe card for Boston Brown Bread has only the ingredients listed with no instructions.
- Normally, Boston Brown Bread is normally cooked by steam in a 1 pound coffee can by placing the coffee can in a deep baking pan and fill the pan with boiling water until it comes up to the half way point of the coffee can.
- I have not made a Boston Brown Bread recipe before so developing a method to go with this recipe will be hard for me at the moment. I will test this bread in the near future so I can update this post with a method that is easy to follow.
Boston Brown Bread
Front of the Boston Brown Bread recipe card. The author didn’t include the method on how to prepare the recipe.
LINKS OF INTEREST
- Wonder what “sour milk” is? Click here to view our vintage ingredient glossary
- Bread Recipes
- Brown Bread Recipes
If you make this Boston Brown Bread recipe, please share your photos and comments below!