Blue Ribbon Broccoli
Blue Ribbon Broccoli Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Blue Ribbon Broccoli.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Blue Ribbon Broccoli was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Blue Ribbon Broccoli recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Blue Ribbon Broccoli Recipe
If you make this Blue Ribbon Broccoli recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1½ oz. cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup milk
- ½ can (2.8 oz.) french-fried onion rings
- Place package of frozen broccoli on a paper plate or towel on floor of oven.
- Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes.
- Squeeze liquid from package and set aside.
- Place margarine and cream cheese in a 4-cup glass measure.
- Microwave on 50 percent (medium) 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Use a whisk to stir in flour, then blue cheese.
- Whisk in milk.
- Stirring with whisk every minute, microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Take broccoli out of packaging and place in a 1-quart casserole.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle onions over the top.
- Do not cover.
- Microwave on 70 percent (medium-high) 4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Makes 4 servings, 204 calories each.