Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake
Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake recipe card.
Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake was with.
Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box and click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake Recipe
If you make this Bit o’Walnut Chiffon Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Bit o'Walnut Chiffon Cake
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped very finely
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Make a well and add in order oil, egg yolks, water, and vanilla
- In another bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff
- Pour eggs yolk mixture over beaten egg whites, gently folding until blended
- Sprinkle walnuts over top of batter gently folding in with a few strokes
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 50 - 55 minutes