Beef Stroganoff Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Beef Stroganoff.
There’s a notation that the recipe came from Daryl.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Beef Stroganoff.
Vintage Recipe Box 004
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Beef Stroganoff was with.
Click here to view all of VRP004 – White Tin Box With Hearts & Flowers recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
If you make this Beef Stroganoff recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (or small can)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 pounds round steak or stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 can condensed beef broth ( or cubes diluted in 2 cups of water)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Noodles or rice
- Saute mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove from pan
- Remove fat and bone from beef and cube into 2 1/2" x 3/4" wide)
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter
- Toss meat in flour and brown
- Add salt, pepper, and beef broth
- Simmer stirring occasionally until meat is tender, approximately 1 hour
- Add mushrooms, onion, and sour cream
- Heat and serve over 1/3" noodles or rice
- Top with parsley, optional