Front of the Batter Bread recipe card (with a few doodles).
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lard or shortening
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sifted flour
- Butter, melted
- Dissolve yeast in water
- Sift dry ingredients
- Mix 1/2 flour with mixer at medium speed with shortening or lard
- Blend remainder of flour with spoon
- Let rise 40 minutes
- Stir down and allow to rise again in pan for 40 minutes
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes minimum at 375 degrees.
- Butter top
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Batter Bread recipe.
If you make this Batter Bread recipe, please share your photos and comments below!