Banana Upside Down Cake
Banana Upside Down Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of recipe card for Banana Upside Down Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Banana Upside Down Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Banana Upside Down Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Banana Upside Down Cake Recipe
If you make this Banana Upside Down Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 or 3 medium bananas
- 1 package Betty Crocker Chiquita* Banana Cake Mix
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter over low heat in square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches or 9 x 9 x 2 inches, or round layer pan, 9 x 1½ inches.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Peel bananas and cut into ½-inch slices.
- Arrange slices in rows over sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package except - pour half of batter (about 2½ cups) evenly over bananas in pan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert at once onto serving plate.
- Leave pan over cake a few minutes.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with whipped cream.
- Bake remaining batter in greased and floured 8- or 9-inch round layer pan as directed on package.
*T.M. of United Fruit Company