Banana Coconut Cake Recipe
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Banana Coconut Cake Recipe was with.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Banana Coconut Cake Recipe Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Banana Coconut Cake Recipe.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Banana Coconut Cake Recipe Recipe
If you make this Banana Coconut Cake Recipe recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- ½ cup soft butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- *Broiled Frosting
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Blend in butter.
- Add buttermilk, mashed bananas, eggs, nuts, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour batter into greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake in 375° oven for 30 to 35 minutes; let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread Broiled Frosting evenly over cake; broil 3 inches from unit 5 to 7 minutes or until frosting becomes bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold from pan.
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.