Banana Breeze Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Banana Breeze.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Banana Breeze was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Banana Breeze recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Banana Breeze Recipe
If you make this Banana Breeze recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ⅓ cup regular margarine or butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk* (not evaporated milk)
- ⅓ cup bottled lemon juice (measure accurately)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium size ripe Dole bananas
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- Melt margarine, sugar and cinnamon in small saucepan.
- Place over low heat, stir constantly until bubbles form around edges of pan; remove from heat.
- Add Corn Flake Crumbs; mix well.
- Press mixture evenly in 9-inch pie pan to form crust.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add ⅓ cup lemon juice and vanilla and stir 'til thickened.
- Slice three of the bananas; line crust with banana slices.
- Turn filling into crust.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or 'til firm. (Do not freeze.)
- Slice the other two bananas and dip in remaining lemon juice.
- Garnish top of pie with banana slices as shown.
Yield: 8 servings.