Apricot Butter Bars
Apricot Butter Bars Recipe Card Front
The front of the recipe card for Apricot Butter Bars
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apricot Butter Bars was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apricot Butter Bars recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apricot Butter Bars Recipe
If you make this Apricot Butter Bars recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup flour sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the butter, flour, and sugar with pastry blender until crumbly
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9" x 9" baking pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, rinse the chopped apricots and cover with cold water
- Simmer the apricots for 10 minutes and drain
- Allow the apricots to cool
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla
- Sift the dry ingredients together and blend into the egg mixture
- Add the nuts and apricots
- Spread batter over the baked crust
- Bake at 30 degrees for 30 minutes