Apple Raisin Cake
Apple Raisin Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Apple Raisin Cake.
Apple Raisin Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Apple Raisin Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apple Raisin Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apple Raisin Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apple Raisin Cake Recipe
If you make this Apple Raisin Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups peeled [1 inch] apple chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup chopped walnut
- Powdered sugar as needed
- In mixer bowl combine oil & sugar.
- Beat until thick.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Sift together flours, soda, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg.
- Add to oil mixture, mix well.
- Stir in apples, raisins & walnuts just until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased & floured 10x2½ round pan or 9x13x2" pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1hr 15 min for round, about 1hr 5 min for oblong pan.
- Cake is done when pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on rack 15 min.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 10 to 12 servings.