Apple Nut Berry Salad
Front of the Apple Nut Berry Salad recipe card with a notation that it is from the SS class.
Back of the Apple Nut Berry Salad recipe card.
Apple Nut Berry Salad Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Apple Nut Berry Salad.
Vintage Recipe Box 004
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apple Nut Berry Salad was with.
Click here to view all ofrecipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apple Nut Berry Salad recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apple Nut Berry Salad Recipe
If you make this Apple Nut Berry Salad recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- red food color, optional
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a saucepan
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves (about 2 - 3 minutes)
- Remove from heat
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add cranberry juice and lemon juice (and red food color for deeper red color)
- Chill until slightly thicker than the consistency of unbeaten egg whites
- Fold in pecans, apples, and celery
- Turn into a 5 cup mold which has been lightly oiled or dipped in cold water
- Chill overnight if preferred