Apple Kuchen Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Apple Kuchen.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apple Kuchen was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apple Kuchen recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apple Kuchen Recipe
If you make this Apple Kuchen recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 20 ounce can pie apples, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut butter into cake mix (dry) until crumbly
- Pat mixture lightly into ungreased 9" x 13" pan building up slightly at the edges
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Arrange apple slices on warm crust
- Sprinkle cinnamon on apples
- Blend sour cream and egg yolks
- Drizzle over apples
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are lightly brown
- Do no overcook
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream