Apple Bread Pudding
Apple Bread Pudding Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Apple Bread Pudding.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apple Bread Pudding was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apple Bread Pudding recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
If you make this Apple Bread Pudding recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 8 slices bread
- 3 to 4 medium (1½-2 lb.) Washington Rome Beauty apples
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1⅓ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon each ground nutmeg and salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Toast bread lightly and cut diagonally into fourths.
- Arrange a single layer of bread in bottom of lightly buttered 11¾ x 7½ x 2-inch baking dish.
- Core and slice 1 apple.
- Core and dice enough of remaining apples to measure 4 cups.
- Spread diced apples evenly on bread.
- Sprinkle raisins over apples.
- Arrange remaining bread in two lengthwise rows on diced apples.
- Place apple slices between rows of bread.
- Heat milk and butter only until butter melts.
- Combine eggs, sugar, spices and salt; gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Pour over bread and apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with sour cream.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.