Apple Betty Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Apple Betty.
Apple Betty Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Apple Betty.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Apple Betty was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Apple Betty recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Apple Betty Recipe
If you make this Apple Betty recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3 cups sliced baking apple
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup each raisins & water
- 6 slices bread torn into fine crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or nut like cereal
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon each cinnamon, nutmeg
- ½ cup butter or mar. melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine apples, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, raisins, water & grated rind & juices of a lemon.
- Mix bread crumbs, walnuts, remaining brown sugar, spices & butter & spread mixture over apples.
- Cover with foil & bake 30 min. Uncover & bake 15 min longer until nicely browned.
Serves 6 to 8.