What is an Angel Pie?
Angel pie has a meringue shell crust which is filled with a creamy pudding-like mixture.
Angel Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the Angel Pie recipe card.
Angel Pie Recipe Card Back
Back of the Angel Pie recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Angel Pie was with.
Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Angel Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Angel Pie Recipe
If you make this Angel Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Fruit for garnishment
- Beat eggs whites until very stiff
- Add cream of tartar when just fluffy
- Slowly add 1 cup of the sugar and beat (says for 15 minutes but this is assuming hand mixing)
- Place mixture in buttered pie tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- In double boiler beat egg yolk with 1/2 cup sugar
- Add lemon juice and grated rind
- Stir and cook until thickened
- Cool filling and pour over baked meringue
- Top with whipped cream
- Garnish with strawberries or other fruit if desired
Angel Pie (VRP 034)
- 4 eggs seperated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped
Beat egg white 15minutes until very stiff. Add cream of tartar when just fluffy. Slowly add 1 cup of sugar and beat for another 15minutes. Place mixture in buttered pie tin. Bake 1 hour at 300°. Cool.
In double boiler, heat egg yolk with ½ cup sugar, add juice and grated rind of 1 lemon, stir and cook until thickened, cool filling and pour over baked meringue top with whipped cream, garnish with strawberries or other fruit if desired.