Angel Hair Potatoes
Vintage Recipe Box 36 Overview
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Angel Hair Potatoes was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Angel Hair Potatoes Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Angel Hair Potatoes.
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Angel Hair Potatoes Recipe
If you make this Angel Hair Potatoes recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 3 large potatoes (about 1½ pounds)
- cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salad oil
- seasoned salt
About 1½ hours before serving or early in the day:
- Peel potatoes.
- With a sharp knife, cut potatoes into long matchstick-thin strips, dropping strips into a large bowl of cold water mixed with salt as you work.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over medium heat, heat 1-inch salad oil to 400°F.
- Remove one handful of potato strips from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drop strips into hot salad oil and fry until crisp and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove potato strips to more paper towels to drain.
- Lightly sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Repeat with remaining potato strips.