Angel Food Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Angel Food Cake.
There is a notation in the upper right-hand corner that the recipe appeared in the Hotpoint Cook Book.
Angel Food Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Angel Food Cake.
- She states 60 minutes but not sure what she means by this time amount at the end of the method.
- 35 minutes is normally the baking time for most angel food cake recipes so I believe this is the bake time an not the 60 minutes.
Vintage Recipe Box 012
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Angel Food Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project Box 012 – Wood Box recipe.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Angel Food Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Angel Food Cake Recipe
If you make this Angel Food Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 11 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream tartar
- 1 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup pasty cake flour
- Add salt to egg whites and when half beaten sift in cream tartar
- Continue to beat and when stiff spoon in sugar
- Then add lemon extract and last fold in flour
- Moisten pan with cold water, shake free from water and pour in the angel food cake mixture
- This is cake is placed in cold oven upper until off, lower unit high, raise thermometer to 350 degrees
- This will average 35 minutes