Almond Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Almond Bars.
Almond Bars Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Almond Bars.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Almond Bars was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Almond Bars recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Almond Bars Recipe
If you make this Almond Bars recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 cup oleo
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut oleo into flour until the consistency of fine crumbs
- Stir in water and mix ell
- Divide dough in half and wrap in wax paper
- Chill the dough for several hours or overnight
- For filling, crumble almond paste into small mixing bowl
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Beat well
- Let half of the dough stand at room temperature until just soft enough to handle (about 30 minutes)
- Return other half of the dough to the refrigerator while working
- On lightly floured surface, roll to 14" x 10" ____
- Lay in the bottom of pan and 1/2" up sides of 13" x 9" baking dish
- Spread almond filling over dough
- Roll out remaining dough to 14" x 10"
- Lay the dough on top of the filling
- Trim edges
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes
- Cool and cut into bars